Ed Sheeran talks Adele being his Biggest Competitor in British GQ’s Latest Issue

Sensational pop star Ed Sheeran is the cover star
for British GQ‘s latest issue.
Ahead of the launch of his new album ÷
Divide and 2017 tour, Ed Sheeran reveals his 30-
year master plan, explains how he beat the
world’s biggest stars by playing the numbers
game and how Adele is his biggest competition.
Here is an excerpt from the interview
Ed Sheeran says his biggest competitor is Adele
“Adele is the one person who’s sold more records
than me in the past ten years. She’s the only
person I need to sell more records than. That’s a
big f***ing feat because her last album sold 20
million. But if I don’t set her as the benchmark
then I’m selling myself short.
“I’m not in competition creatively because we all
sit in our own lanes, but once the creative
product is out there is a race to the finish line.”
Ed Sheeran on his similarities to Taylor Swift
“There’s an underdog element to it. Taylor Swift
was never the popular kid in school. I was never
the popular kid in school. Then you get to the
point when you become the most popular kid in
school – and we both take it a bit too far.
She wants to be the biggest female artist in the
world and I want to be the biggest male artist in
the world. It also comes from always being told
that you can’t do something and being like, ‘F***
you. I can.’”
Ed Sheeran doesn’t care about copycats
“There are a lot of singer-songwriters around
now. I’m not the first but there are more than
before. I’m very happy for everyone to be in the
same race as me, even if they copy every single
thing I’ve done. In a 100m sprint to get a No1
album I just know I’m going to win. I don’t care
who’s doing what. I just know I’m going to win.
I’m going to make sure I come first.”

We love comments, feel free to comment below and we will assist you in whichever way we can. Thanks

Previous Post Next Post