The conversation series 2 – Merkel and Hollande

I’m sort of grateful that it is not
Germany that is manufacturing the next
Hitler
This Hitler wants Europe dead.
Was surprised when May fell into his
arms.
She is desperate for company after
Brexit. Did you see the way her spindly
legs walked beside Trump’s bullish
figure?
Dinner with the Devil; they even held
hands!
Yes. We don’t know what else they held!
Don’t go that way please…..
If you say so….
After the fright Hitler gave Britain in
the Second World War Britain has
become a bride looking for American
protection even in times of peace
Why then did they run out of the
European Union after all the
concessions we gave them?
Beats the imagination!
But the Devil’s doctrine is catching on.
My countrymen are also likely to elect a
French equivalent.
Possible, very possible. We are being
rejected; the world as we knew it is
dying.
The extremists are not making it any
easier. A tourist comes from Egypt to
stab a French soldier and stupidly
screams Allah Akbar
Sometimes I really feel all Muslims
should be confined to their homeland.
Perhaps Trump is right
May be he has the courage to say things
that we feel
But we can’t say this in public
Let others say it
When we brought down the Berlin wall
the world cheered us. America claimed
victory; now its America that is building
walls
Even in Europe our people want us to
build virtual walls. The upsurge in the
number of refugees in the world is a
challenge.
I think the rich world simply want to
push the poor back into their
homelands.
We need to provide leadership so that
there would world prosperity else the
poor will always come knocking on our
doors or pushing them down
What if our people push our type out?
They may triumph in the short run.
There is no way we can’t build the 21st
century with closed doors and
xenophobia.
Wish African leaders would rise to the
occasion and make the continent a little
bit comfortable for its citizens.
South Africa that started with so much
promise simply slipped into the old
disease. The polygamist clown who calls
himself president should be in the zoo
Don’t dignify him with a zoo please. He
should be in the wild forest of the
Amazon
Then his counterpart in Zimbabwe! At
93 years of age he still clings to power
Well, he says he would step down only
if the Queen does so
What’s the parallel?
Ask me!
Then Nigeria! When we supported the
current people to push out the last
administration did we expect this kind
of vacuous leadership?
Let’s give them time to find their feet.
I believe we should groom a new set of
youthful leaders to run the country. Lets
identify some Oxford-trained
economists to lead the country.
I’m afraid it won’t work
Why?
They will simply copy our models and
tamely imposed them here!
If Obama were Caucasian the opposition
would not have been so bad, so vitriolic.
Yeah. A gentleman; we shall miss him
I miss him already. To have power and
use it sparingly is a sign of inner
strength.
He never shoved anybody around.
The current man is a bully of the first
order
Now he’s threatening Iran! If he wishes
let him nuclear-bomb Iran to please
Israel
I don’t think he can stand the storm!
He acts now and thinks later; a very
dangerous man
He and Putin are different sides of a
coin
Yeah,
Did you witness Trump’s Ambassador to
the UN attack and condemn Russia?
Of course I did. Discordant tunes from
one administration
I guess he never ran his business like
that
Naaah! He was Mr. You are fired!
At this rate he will fire himself
I go to bed worried about the state of
the world! Will it explode in our time?
Why is hatred increasing?
And xenophobia. With the global village
slogan I thought we would move into a
more friendly era in the world.
Nationalism is winning the day. It
didn’t help before; it sure will fail
again!
There’s a video in circulation where
Trump ordered security men to expel a
journalist who insisted on asking his
questions
Shocking. He’s an American. But we
heard Trump’s aide telling him to go
back to his country.
Perhaps Native Americans would soon
tell the rest to go back to their
countries. Surprised he hasn’t gone
after Blacks yet.
That would be volatile. It would show
his mind too early. I guess right wingers
will start the campaign on his behalf
and he would look the other way when
policemen slaughter innocent blacks.
Soon European citizens would start
resenting Americans.
I don’t think it would get to that. Too
many links, too many associations.
By the way what’s this talk about
Califor-exit?
Americans have a way of expressing
dissent. I doubt if any State would like
to leave the Union.
But in the new world anything can
happen.
I guess so.
How would Winston Churchill have
reacted to Trump?
Hmmmmmm. Can’t conjecture. After
some good shots of brandy, or is it
whiskey I’m sure he would have told
him some hard truths.
Like?
We should pose that question to the
Headmistress of Britain when we meet
her in Malta!
The world is getting messy
Well, you have sometime more to be in
office. You’ve done three terms and
want to do a fourth?
Yes. I want to give it a shot.
So worry about it. I’m going to enjoy my
retirement and live happily ever after.
Trudeau sounds like the real Statesman
from North America. Not the blabbing
Clown of Hotel Towers!
Well, he’s the best America could give.
We got to work with him we need
American military strength to confront
Russia.
But with Trump disparaging NATO
Germany has to build up strong! Just in
case he abandons Europe as America
once did…
Was she dragged in or she looked for a
reason to intervene in order to save
face?
History confuses me sometimes.
Trump is that confusion personified!
• Eghagha is a member of The Guardian
Editorial Board

We love comments, feel free to comment below and we will assist you in whichever way we can. Thanks

Previous Post Next Post