Everton confirm Rooney return

Everton confirm they have re-signed Wayne Rooney after 13 years at Manchester United.
The 31-year-old England striker re-has signed a two-year deal to return to his boyhood club, for whom he made his debut as a 16-year-old.
Rooney said: "It is some time since I said that the only Premier League club I would play for other than Manchester United was Everton, so I am delighted that the move has happened.
"Thirteen years ago I went to United with the intention of winning trophies and I have been fortunate to be a part of one of the most successful periods in the club's history.
"I have come back to Everton because I believe Ronald Koeman is building a team that can win something and I look forward to playing my part in making that a reality for the club I have supported since a boy."
Everton manager Ronald Koeman said: "Wayne has shown me that ambition that we need and that winning mentality - he knows how to win titles and I'm really happy he's decided to come home.
"He loves Everton and he was desperate to come back. He is still only 31 and I don't have any doubts about his qualities. It's fantastic he's here."
More follows...

We love comments, feel free to comment below and we will assist you in whichever way we can. Thanks

Previous Post Next Post